Team VA's Wonderings

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Au Revoir my English Chums

If you're reading this, you probably noticed that I didn't blog my European Odyssey. Suffice to say it was bloody marvellous. I saw two of my best friends get married; visited Pisa, Lucca, Rome, Vatican and Vienna; had some triumphant nights in Ox; met Ellie Smith; narrowly avoided meeting (and help deliver) the new addition to the Freemans; did a lot dancing; camped in the Glasto mud; saw some cricket; bought supplies for South America and fitted in one of the best monsoon birthday parties in ages. After all that, Statue John and I may have achieved our goal-Europe may have been drunk dry. There's certainly a lot less Havana Club about.

I'm off for a rest.

PHONE
After various investigations and the rest, phone situation is a bit tedious. It appears that my travel number-the one I had in Oz, NZ and Africa will only work in Peru and Brazil-I'll use that then.

My usual number (the one I've had for years that Tim F's phone didn't recognise) should received free texts everywhere else, but cost a fortune to receive calls, so I'll use that when the other one doesn't work.

To make this somewhat simpler, I'll try to remember to make some sort of comment on phones each time I reach a new country.

For starters-in Ecuador I'll be my normal number-ending 3642. Text away, but don't call me unless it's really good......costa fortune.



It's been a pleasure to catch up with so many of you; a disappoinment that I didn't get more time and missed seeing others; I'd like to thank everyone who put me up, put up with me, orgainsed things for me, fed me and generally made this a very pleasant 5 weeks. I'd also like to wish everyone the very best for the next 3 and a half months-I do realise that almost all of you have a lot more important things going on than wandering round South America.

Take care. There'll be more nonsense soon-Galapagos here I come.

4 Comments:

  • it's been nice to see you again too, you flaxen haired beauty.... have fun in south america and be sure to tell us all about.

    For info, and since you'll be missing your first trent bridge test in God knows how long, the fancy dress this year looks like being the British soldiers from "Zulu" -- full on red uniforms, massive lamb chops and most importantly massive 'taches. It might not be especially culturally sensitive (what with the Indians touring and all)... but it'll be funny, right, and the alternative appeared to be Borats....

    We'll miss you, if only for your wisden skills....

    ST

    By Blogger swisslet, at 9:59 PM  

  • Ciao! Look forward to the weekly updates on the tache cultivation out there...

    Have a brilliant one.

    J

    By Blogger Statue John, at 12:27 PM  

  • Sorry to not see more of you on your visit back to Europe. I will try to use the comments page more in the next 3 and a half months than I did in the first stage of your travels, ie at least once. Take care bon voyage and look forward to seeing you on your return.
    Luke

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

  • Sorry not to have had more time to catch up with you during your Euro-tour but we'll definitely rectify that on your next return.

    Your delivery skills were indeed missed on the big day, but never fear, we may have other duties for you at some stage...

    Frankly, I blame my mobile for the text message fiasco. I think your name may somehow have got into the phone book twice which seemed to cause the confusion.

    Have a great time in South America - looking forward to reading about your next lot of adventures.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home