Team VA's Wonderings

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

G'day Brad, say G'day to Brad, Brad

Ah, the eternal classic that is the Neighbours drinking game. I hope to squeeze in a game or two and perhaps reach the rank of Karl Kennedy.

I'm off to Australia, don't you know and I'm wearing the Ian Botham shirt John gave me. I've had the Rough Guide out, but it's pretty manic with cricket and tennis until the end of Jan, so there's not too much to think about. I'm already thinking I'm short of time in and around Perth: despite shocking communication from me, I should be meeting the mighty David Withers at Perth's terminal 1 on arrival (I'm over the Indian Ocean just now). It's a few years since I last saw him, but since working with me at Past Times, David's moved to Perth, got married and has a 4 year old daughter-I have this effect on people. I'm also staying with my Dad's cousin, who's just moved to Perth for a while with her husband and I'm in a hostel for the test before flying to Melbourne on the 19th. I also want to do a 3 day trip to the South. So another postponement for the chilling out and slobbing around.

The flight is just under 9 hours; like all my flights it's pleasingly direct. All but about 30 mins is over water, so when the turbulence kicked in half an hour ago, the spectre of this being an Oceanic flight sprang to mind (just bloody watch Lost if you don't know what I'm talking about). Just as well I charged everything's batteries last night.

POSTSCRIPT
Realise I have gone a bit post crazy, but thought it made sense to separate my Africa refelections (below) from the last days of the overland tour (below, below) and my looking forward to Australia. I am now in Perth and deciding not to do another separate post to say I've arrived and David and his family are being lovely to me. I will say one thing though.

Bloody cricket.

2 Comments:

  • just imagine how sweet retaining the ashes will be from here.

    ST

    By Blogger swisslet, at 7:37 PM  


  • Perth is Brilliant!


    Have a bonza time in my place of birth. If you want to continue your drinking oddysey then thoroughly recommend Swan Lager or any of the Margaret River wines ;-)

    *expert opinion* Having got over the crushing blow of losing the last game, I think we're darn good value for 2-2 now, although think that the series win may be beyond us.

    By Blogger Statue John, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home