Team VA's Wonderings

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Away we go

After a very patient and kind lesson on the art of blogging from Statue John, my first post has arrived. Since I'm still in Oxford and the idea of this blog is to give me somewhere to bore my friends with tales of my travels, I don't have much to say. Those who have been following my lack of organisational progress will be unsurprised that I've still no plan for Cape Town. Which is my first stop. Next Saturday. Still, something to do tomorrow.

In case there is someone, somewhere, who's managed to escape my itinerary-here's a quick reminder of what you're in store for:
  • October 14-fly to Cape Town, 10 days in and around Cape Town, bit of whale watching, bit of avoiding going in a cage near sharks.
  • Oct 24-masive overland safari to Nairobi, via Vic falls, Lake Malawi and an awful lot of wildlife. There won’t be any snakes-I’ve been told they’re all going on holiday.
  • Dec 3 Fly Nairobi to Jo’burg, then onto Perth next day. Expect to be in Australia for months; I don't have too much fixed up, although I understand there may be some cricket going on. So first thing on arrival is to desperately try and get tickets for the Perth Test.
  • Dec 19 Fly Perth-Melbourne.
    Xmas lunch with the Barmy Army-that should be a quality post.
    Go to the MCG-in case anyone else turns up.
  • Dec 30 Fly Melbourne-Sydney.
    Pop along to the SCG-expect it will be quite quiet.
  • End of Jan-Melbourne. Australian Open tennis-shall be trying to catch Federer and the mighty Badghatis at least. Definitely going to some night matches at the Rod Laver.
  • And then the rest of Oz! I expect I’ll learn to Scuba dive.
  • New Zealand
  • Samoa/Cook Islands/Fiji kind of thing. Bit of writing on the beach.
  • South America
    Too far in the future for a proper plan-definitely want to go to Easter Island, the Amazon, Machu Picchu and Galapgos.
As you can see, there's a definite potential for shambles. And standing by statues.

Next time, I'll try and master photos.

5 Comments:

  • Has just struck me are you going to be wandering around on your travels or wondering?

    If you are gonna be wandering like the wombles then you may wish to change the blog title. If you are simply gonna be contemplative on your travels then please ignore me!

    J

    By Blogger Statue John, at 12:30 PM  

  • jesus. you're taking blogging lessons from Statue John and the Ultimate Olympian? That'll be one apology laden post a decade then.

    Good luck and all that. Don't get eaten by anything nasty (well, you are starting in SA)

    ST

    By Blogger swisslet, at 9:25 AM  

  • Oi - that's not fair. I hardly ever apologise anymore.

    By Blogger John McClure, at 10:05 AM  

  • *just popped over from SwissToni's blog*

    That sounds like a great trip, and I'm happy you haven't planned things out too far, otherwise keeping to a schedule will seem more like work than a holiday.

    Good luck.

    By Blogger adem, at 12:50 PM  

  • Thanks Adem-all are welcome to look into my weird world!

    By Blogger Poll Star, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home